How I Built My Business
For those of you that are not aware I have my own Makeup business. It's a company called Younique. It's a naturally based skincare and make up line thats motto is to Uplift, Empower, and Validate women. I originally joined this company to "get the kit" and the discount until I went inactive.
I had ABSOLUTELY no intention on selling it whatsoever. As luck would have it, I fell in love with the company and the products. I started bragging to everyone I knew and I started selling, without even meaning to.
When I unexpectedly lost my job I had no income. My only hope was this business. So in between job applications I researched how to market on social media. I shared my love for the company and my business started to grow.
My success did not go unnoticed! I had haters knocking at my door, including my boyfriend of 6 years. I was upset and felt defeated. I couldn't understand how he could hate something I love. I never really wore makeup before this company. After a lot of restless nights I figured it was because he felt threatened. Not about me wearing makeup, but my newly found sense of determination and self confidence.
Sadly we are still working things out. I am not sure if things will ever go back to the way they were or how much longer our relationship will last.
What I can say is I am happy to find this out about him now. Before marriage and kids are involved. I am happy that at 22 I am finally learning about myself and growing as a person. I thought I figured all this out during my 4 years of collage, but I was wrong.
Truth is I wasn't happy at my previous job and I could have easily ended up stuck there for a long long time. The pay was good the hours were nice, but I wasn't making a difference in the world, in the lives of others.
While life may be hard now I know good things are in my future.
DISCLAIMER:
I do not use this blog to advertise my business and I do not plan on it. But for those of you that are interested my website is:
www.youniqueproducts.com/lashbyjess
No comments:
Post a Comment