Thursday, January 29, 2015

Failure...

Failure

Why does no one warn you about failing in life? The truth is almost everyone will fail at something in one point or anther. 

Here is my story and how I used y losses to make me stronger! 

I was recently fired rom a job I thought I was doing great at. i was told daily I was doing a good job and had even been told "I was the best person ever hired in that position." I put all my effort in, arriving early and staying late. This was a salary job so no overtime pay for me. 

I even asked every so often how I was doing and if I should improve anything. After being reassured I bought a new car. My first one I would ever have to make payments on.

My 90 day review came and I was excited for the feedback. I was fired on the spot. Without much reason or explanation besides my "Personality didn't fit the position." 

This was by far the hardest blow to my ego. I was completely blindsided. At first I thought it was some sort of joke. After asking again to make sure I herd what was said correctly I stood up and left. 

I have been looking for a job ever since. I have been jobless for about a month and I apply to tons of jobs everyday.. It  was a bad time to be fired, right before the holidays when no one in really hiring. I recently graduated with a Bachelors from UCONN. So now I'm also finding our what it means to be "over qualified" something I thought of as a myth previously. 

So what did I do about it?

I cried for about a week straight. I am the type of person that puts everything into their job and have always seemed to excel at them.

I began to hate myself, the world, my old boss. 

Then something hit me one day! I knew that I would never get a straight answer as to why I was let go  but I decided at that moment I would not let it define me as a person. I told myself that sometimes you have to be knocked down to really learn what you are made of.

I have a makeup business. I did it for fun and started to really promote it hoping to have some sort of income. I gained much needed support form my sponsor and my team.  It helped me to received a new outlook on life.

I decided that I was going to help as many women as I possibly could. Help them to realize how special they are. What they are talented in. But most of all that they can succeed and they will. Maybe not at first but if they keep at it they can make their dreams come true.

The most important thing to remember is to not give up. Giving up ensures failure. It ensures anger and sadness. It's a dark and lonely place that is incredibly hard to get out of. 

My advice? Find your passion. If you once knew but lost it, rekindle it. Find something you love and deeply care about and put all your effort into it. Ignore the haters that will come with success and just do it.
For me it was helping others. What is your passion?  

No comments:

Post a Comment